Sunday, February 26, 2006

For the Love of Kennedy and my Grandfather

Magic Appeared in the First Summer of Kennedy’s Presidency Without Kennedy, maybe I would never have been able to see my grandfather. Once Kennedy was in power, grandfather came to Taiwan for the first time. I could never forget how he showed up in the middle of my midsummer afternoon nap. I was very pleased to finally meet this loving figure for the first time, and I rubbed my eyes to see a man shrouded in his white shirt with a sparkling smile in his joy. He had the aura of a legendary man. As China’s free democratic leader, he was denied entry by Chiang Kai Shek for fear of competition and as a dissident. It was because education minister Zhu Jia Hua was near death with his stomach cancer bout, and the government relaxed their control. I don’t blame Americans for their misunderstanding toward the good dedicated people in China and Taiwan. Without knowing the language and the right people, it is nearly impossible to understand the dynamics and the convoluted political structures in China and Taiwan. What the world doesn’t say is what the great Nationalists have achieved, but they are always tone deaf in pointing out the wrongs, and they can’t ever tell who did save China as they truly are blind in their assertions to equate Chiang with the Nationalists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home